It is the centre to provide resource support in the development of locally relevant curriculum and educational evaluation of school, Adult education at the district level.
PSTE faculty of DIET has to do the following functions:-
- To organize quality pre-service teacher education courses for elementary school teachers
- To serve as a model for the other elementary teacher education for the following:
To provide input to all other activities of DIET which are to be carried out by other faculties , such as:
- learner centred education
- education for the personality development, training , preparation of suitable teaching aids, action research, etc.
- Provisions for the psychological counseling and guidance services to schools
- All matters to learning by children with special abilities
Maintenance of science lab, psychological equipment, rooms for art education and equipment and facilities for sports and physical education.
Promotion of co-curricular activities in schools like, yoga,physical education activities, science fairs, art festivals ,etc.
- In service programmes of school teachers
- Training programmes for Adult education workers
- Field interaction including extension activities
- Action research to improve learner abilities in schools
Diploma in Elementary Education ) is now going on in DIET Kasaragod with two batches
- First year batch with 40 trainees each in Malayalam and Kannada Medium
- Second year with 40 trainees each in Malayalam and Kannada Medium
- Duration of this course is two year(4 Credit Semesters) and selection purely on merit basis.
The selection is done by Deputy Director of Education, Kasaragod
- Also one batch of D.El.Ed for untrained teachers under NIOS is completed.